Part 3 Creating a wcf service
- Published on Nov 18, 2013
- Link for code samples used in the demo
Link for all dot net and sql server video tutorial playlists
This is continuation to Part 2. Please watch Part 2 from WCF video tutorial before proceeding.
In this video, we will discuss
1. Creating a WCF service
2. Hosting the WCF service using a console application
3. Exposing 2 service endpoints.
4. Creating a windows and a web Client applications.
Let's take the scenario that we discussed in Part 2.
We have 2 clients and we need to implement a service a for them.
1. The first client is using a Java application to interact with our service, so for interoperability this client wants meesages to be in XML format and the protocl to be HTTP.
2. The second client uses .NET, so for better performance this client wants messages formmated in binary over TCP protocol.
In Part 2,
To meet the requirement of the first client, we implemented a web service and to meet the requirement of the second client we implemented a remoting service.
In this video, we will create a single WCF service, and configure 2 endpoints to meet the requirements of both the clients.